He/She will be responsible for supporting, coordinating and maintaining the various database applications by installing, configuring, troubleshooting and repairing the databases of our various clients in the group. If you are driven and ambitious and looking for an exciting opportunity then this role is just the one for you.
• Assisting with budgeting and quotes for current and future environments
• Documentation of processes
• Orientation of new staff
• Database installs and DR environment configuration
• Database patching and upgrades
• Database backups and restores
• Implementation of database monitoring utilities
• Database performance investigations
• Structural changes and deployment of database objects
• User requests
• POC new technologies or processes for clients
• Provide consultancy, education and guidance in the use and exploitation of DBMS’s and
database environments and infrastructure.
• Recommend technical solutions to our clients.
• Assist in the logical design and implement the physical definition of databases in conjunction with
application systems analysts.
• Enhance and maintain databases to accommodate new business functions and improve existing
• Assist application developers with problem analysis and resolution of development and
• Provide and maintain technically stable and performing production environments.
• Research and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost
effective database solution for the application design.
• Monitors and analyzes ongoing database status, utilization and capacity.
• Implements and support database security regulations, policies, and guidelines.
• Work closely with technical and client management to plan and implement database tools in
support of business applications development requirements and processes.
• Utilizes standard tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
• Support user and developer access, upgrade planning, implementation and resolution of
• Capacity Plans
• Meet contracted SLA
• Disaster recovery (backup and restore) Procedures and checks.
You will be working with the following technologies:
• Oracle Enterprise Manager
• Oracle, SQL Server & MySQL Database
• Oracle Data Guard
• Oracle RMAN
• Performance Tuning
You will be a part of a creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching.
The primary focus of this position is the development and maintenance of software that supports multiple corporate clients and large consumer facing digital platforms.
• Collaborate with the development teams on the integration platform and provide
recommendations and guidance on integration solutions.
• Ensure that the solutions designed and implemented in integration technologies meet security
and compliance requirements.
• Contribute to the Technical Design Documents, Use Cases, Test Cases and User Manuals for
various projects. Conducts bug fixing, code reviews, and unit, functional and integration testing.
• Apply complex problem-solving skills using database management, data mapping APIs and
WebServices skills to research, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
• Act as first level of escalation for all integration issues and manage incident resolution and
• Analyse production environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for
• Create and maintain documentation for integration platform installations, changes and upgrades.
• Coordinate with vendors and support team on problem resolution, design issues and upgrades.
• Develop and implement standard processes for installation, maintenance and enhancement of
integration platform applications.
• Perform troubleshooting, incident response, and patching in a timely manner.
• Build integration flows between new and legacy system in integration platform technologies.
• Develop and maintain large scale, low latency applications for financial and retail products
• Give input for defining a cross company deployment strategy.
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
• Produce technical and user documentation
The primary focus of this position is the development and maintenance of software that supports multiple corporate clients.
• Test and debug programs according to specifications
• Construct and implement programs
• Understand and interpret complex technical system functionality and specifications
• Work as part of a project team
Your primary role would be:
* Maintaining existing code
* Debugging and fixing problems
* Improving code standards (“Boyscout approach”)
* Refactoring code to improve quality
* Communicating and coordinating with external parties relating to development projects
* Translation of business requirements into detailed designs for implementation and generating design documentation
* Testing and documentation of developed code
* Developing and maintaining unit tests, integration tests, and user acceptance tests
* Identify and close any potential security risks
* Improve CI/CD tooling.
* Implement and improve monitoring and alerting.
* Build and maintain highly available systems.
* Troubleshoot production issues to address technical commitments and boost sustainability.